Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Mason!


Mason is 10! How did that happen?

Last Saturday he had a few friends over to celebrate his birthday. They played games.

one friend had video game privileges taken away, so they played a board game or air hockey instead


I made pizzas, and they had cake and ice cream, and goofed off, and they had a lot of fun. Mason got so excited he blew out the candles as soon as they were lit and before we had a chance to sing Happy Birthday to him. So we had to relight the candles and then sing to him.

Mason got some Sea Monkeys from his brother and sister

When his friends left, we then went out to a bowling alley and met his Grandpa Schemel and we went bowling.


We bowled for 2 hrs. and played 3 or 4 games. And even though we are not nearly as good at real bowling as we are at Wii bowling, we had a lot of fun! Robert, Mason and Amanda got better with each game we played, and I got worse. In the first game we played, I got three strikes and two or three spares. I wasn't so lucky with the subsequent games, I even got some gutter balls. Amanda got to the point where her ball would roll straight and not even hit the bumpers. I think she was even able to get a couple of strikes. We love bowling. It was a good way to end a wonderful day.


This is video of one of Mason's strikes.

Happy Birthday Mason! We love you and are so grateful you are in our family.

3 comments: