Last Saturday we attended a wedding reception for a girl that Robert had in seminary a couple of years ago. I was also asked to help serve the dinner, but when we got to the church we found out that there had been a breakdown in communication between the caterer and the bride and I was not needed. So, I was able to just relax. We sat with one of our friends (the one who had asked me to help) and during dinner it came out that she was going to be the one to cut the cake, but she had no idea how to do it (they were rounds). So I told her that I knew how, at least the theory of how to cut a round. Well, I had then essentially volunteered to cut the cake. While we were in the kitchen cutting the cake and hoping we were cutting them the right size to get the required pieces out of each, Robert was with the kids. At some point Robert, Mason and Amanda made it into the kitchen, but Rainer decided that he had free reign of the hallway. While he was running around, he came across my friend's husband, David, and decided to play with him. This is the account that was related to us by David (I hope I didn't forget any details.)
Rainer took David by the hand and took him to the foyer.
Rainer: You sit here. I sit here. (pointing to chairs facing each other)
(climbs on chair and sits with both arms up on the armrests)
Rainer: So,...what you doing?
David: Sitting.
Rainer: Oh!
David: Do you still have a dog? (knowing full well that we do)
Rainer: No.
David: You don't? Don't you have a dog?
Rainer: No.
David: What color is your dog?
Rainer: Black.
David: What's your dog's name?
Rainer: Spiderman.
(at this point, Rainer had had enough conversation)
Rainer: We going to race now.
(David starts to get up to race)
Rainer: No. You sit. (he then moves around to the back of David's chair and then say, "Go!" At which point, he races down the hall. I guess he figured he didn't have a chance of winning, so he was going to level the playing field.)
(I probably didn't do the exchange justice, but we were laughing so hard when David was telling us what had happened.)
Alex is 17!
3 months ago
HA! That is hilarious! What a funny little boy!
ReplyDelete