Sunday, April 4, 2010

An Exciting Easter

As I was writing some blogs, an earthquake happened. It wasn't a very big one and I don't know where the epicenter is yet. Anyone who knows me, knows how much I hate earthquakes. Yes, I know, it comes with the territory living in Southern California, but I still hate them. They wouldn't be so bad if I knew that my family would be OK and that no one that I love would be ill affected by it. That is the part that I hate. Knowing the destructive power of them and hoping that the people I care about will be OK. The actual earthquake is actually kind of fun. It's like a roller coaster inside your house. I prefer the rolling kind to the jarring shaking kind, just because the rolling kind makes your legs feel like jelly when you try to stand or walk and the shaking kind are just kind of too violent for my liking--like a jerky roller coaster. It happened about 3:45ish and only lasted maybe 2o sec. or so. It started out small and at first my kids didn't feel it. But as it continued, it grew in intensity and when it ended the house still moved from the left over energy.

I hope that will be all the excitement for today.

2 comments:

  1. I heard that the epicenter was in Mexico.
    I will always remember you during the Northridge quake. You were totally freaking out! Glad that everyone is safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brent read about it on the internet soon after it happened. One report said 6.9 and one report said 7.2 The epicenter was in Baja. They felt it clear in Phoenix. Glad everyone is OK. I called Dad and he didn't feel it.

    ReplyDelete