For Amanda's birthday, we just celebrated it as a family. But what is a birthday celebration without a cake?
From the time she was 2, she has always asked for her family to be on her cakes. Sometimes she wants the pets included. Sometimes she wants us by the house. And sometimes she wants the mountains in the background. (I like the mountains the best--I think I do good mountains.)
This year when I asked her what she wanted, she wanted to know if I could do a turtle with some fish. If I couldn't, then she wanted her family. I was a little surprised by her answer because I wasn't expecting it. But I told her that I could certainly do a turtle and fish, especially since that was what she really wanted.
So, this was the first year that she hasn't had her family on her cake. But I think it turned out just as cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment